one of the best things about living on Cape Cod this fall/winter is that there are fresh cranberries in abundance! I scored some beautiful ones from Tupper Farm at the Orleans Farmers Market. $3 for a 1 lb bag. they had a handout with recipes which was great! this cranberry nut pudding recipe was on it BUT it had 1/3 cup butter listed but then didn’t say what to do with it. so off to google I went and found the exact same recipe! this was easy to make and absolutely delicious! the farm said to serve it warm with ice cream and that is what I did. But the butter sauce idea on the site I found the recipe on sounds great too!
cranberry nut pudding found on tastebook
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, about 1/3 (12 oz) package
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- 2. Spread cranberries in pie plate; sprinkle with brown sugar and walnuts. Set aside
- 3. In large bowl using wire whisk, beat egg until frothy. Beat granulated sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, into egg. Beat in flour, 1 TBSP at a time. Mixture will be stiff. Beat in melted butter until blended and smooth.
- 4. Pour batter over cranberries and nuts. Bake 30-35 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
- 5. Serve pudding warm, cut in wedges, and sprinkled with powdered sugar. For a real treat, drizzle with butter sauce.
Odette’s butter sauce: 1 cup sugar 1 TBSP flour 1 cup evaporated milk salt Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. As soon as it boils, remove from heat. Add 4 TBSP butter (no substitute) and stir to melt.