these were yummy and a big hit with the toddler who loves all things pancake!
sweet potato pancakes from weelicious
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (I baked sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped, in a 400 degree oven for 45 mins and mashed)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or oil.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer.