these were really tasty! the recipe says it’s a 20 minute meal…. ummmm not really! took way longer than that to get everything together and cooked. I really liked the dressing for the salad. I mixed in some feta as well! it says it makes 8 muffin cup meat loaves, but I think I had 11… because of the increased beef.
mini greek style meat loaves from cooking light
- 10 ounce ground sirloin (I used closer to a pound)
- 5 ounces lean ground lamb
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (I used dried and adjusted amount)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice (omitted didn’t have any!)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves (I just used a mix of romaine, baby kale and baby spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) diagonally sliced seeded peeled cucumber
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon mint, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, allspice, and next 3 ingredients (through egg). Press meat mixture into 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes. Turn broiler to high; broil 3 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, feta, 1 tablespoon juice, 1 teaspoon mint, and 1 teaspoon thyme in a mini food processor; pulse 10 times to combine.
- Combine 1 tablespoon juice, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir. Add arugula and cucumber; toss.