this was so yummy and so easy to put together. I made it for us for lunches. Will definitely be making again with different ingredients. I bet broccoli and mushroom would taste great!
Sweet Potato Kale Frittata
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs until combined. Add milk, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes have softened and onions have caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Add kale and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add egg mixture and tomatoes, and cook until the eggs start to set, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
4. Place into oven and bake until the top is set and cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
5. Slice the frittata into wedges and serve immediately.