banana oatmeal cups from green lite bites found via pinterest
because they are too healthy to be called “cupcakes”. Baby M LOVES these!!!! I do too. nice way to get your breakfast in on the go, and if you add fruit instead of chocolate like I did it keeps them healthy. I have experimented a bit and added about 1/4 c crunchy natural peanut butter, or frozen wild blueberries, or mashed up frozen strawberries, or pumpkin puree, the options are endless. they keep really well and are good if you heat them up a little or eat at room temp.
3 mashed bananas (the riper the better!)
1 cup vanilla almond milk (I subbed so delicious cultured coconut milk which is nice and thick like a yogurt drink. made it with both the original and vanilla flavors)
1 tbsp baking powder
3 cups oats (I use thick cut rolled oats)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp mini chocolate chips (I used maybe 1/4 bag of frozen wild blueberries instead)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips together, and let sit while you prepare the muffin pans.
3. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. or use cupcake liners sprayed with non stick spray.
4. Stir the chocolate chips into the oatmeal batter.
5. Divide batter into 15 muffin cups. They should be just about filled.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes, you’ll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch.
NOTE: The muffins may stick when hot but are removed easily when cooled for a bit.