mmmmmmmmmmmm! I have made zucchini bread tons of times but this one turned out fantastic, maybe it’s the carrots?! regardless this will be the recipe I make from now on. so moist and so yummy. I omitted the walnuts b/c Baby M does great with chunky almond or peanut butter but I wasn’t sure how he would do with walnut chunks in the bread. Also the recipe says to use one 9×5 loaf pan but I compared the amount of flour, etc to other recipes I have done and I always used two 9×5 pans. You most certainly need TWO pans for this recipe!!! the blogger used a mini loaf pan that appears to do 4 loaves.
Zucchini-Carrot Bread from uncanny goodness
2 medium zucchini – washed but not peeled (about 1 lb)
2 large carrots (about 1/4 lb)
2 large eggs
1 3/4 granulated sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour the bottom of a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan or multipe mini loaf pan.
2. In a food processor fitted with a shredding disk, process zucchini and carrots until shredded. (You should have about 4 cups of shredded vegetables.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla untl blended. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Gently fold dry ingredients into egg mixture, stirring until combined (batter will be thick). Add zucchini-carrot mixture; stir until combined.
4. Turn batter into prepared pan (s). If using the 9″ X 5″ pan. Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes and check with a toothpick. If if does not come out dry, continuing baking. Baking time vary by oven. You are better off, checking before it’s overdone. For smaller loaves bake about 45 minutes.
5. Transfer pans(s) to wire racks. Let cool 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely before slicing.