caramelized turnips from allrecipes.com
- 3 cups diced peeled turnips (I had 5 turnips)
- 1/4 cup water (I used chicken broth instead and used too much 1.5 cups)
- 1 cube chicken bouillon (omitted)
- 1 tablespoon butter, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (used brown sugar instead)
- Place the turnips into a skillet with the water and chicken bouillon cube over medium heat, and simmer until the water has evaporated and the turnips are tender, about 15 minutes. (I covered them). Stir in the butter, let melt, and sprinkle on the sugar. Gently cook and stir the turnips until the butter and sugar cook into a brown, sticky coating on the turnips, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.