I changed things up a bit (my notes in italics)
playgroup granola bars from allrecipes.com
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (1/2 cup instead)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional) (added enjoy life mini choc chips, maybe 1/2 a bag)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (oops forgot!)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten (CSA)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (1/2 cup applesauce and just a splash of canola oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (GRACE NOTE FARM)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, raisins and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.