I’ve been meaning to harvest sage from my garden and eat it!!! Well it was worth the wait! we got some fresh squash ravioli from the amazing Bella Ravioli in Medford, LOVE that place!!! I search around for some recipes and settled on Mario Batali’s but omitted a few things. it was super easy to make.
Butter and Sage Sauce – from Mario Batali
- Pasta, of choice (2lbs squash ravioli so we had leftovers!)
- 4 tablespoons butter (mmm Kate’s Homemade Butter)
- 8 sage leaves (I used 12 leaves, next time more!)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (omitted)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (didn’t measure, used pecorino romano)
While your pasta cooks, melt butter in a 12 to 14-inch saute pan and continue cooking until golden brown color (“noisette”) appears in the thinnest liquid of the butter. Add sage leaves and remove from heat. Add lemon juice and set aside. Drain the pasta, but leaving some cooking water, and gently pour into saute pan and return to heat. Add the cheese, toss to coat and serve immediately.