made crockpot chili chicken taco salad yet again. I’ve been trying to perfect this recipe! this time it made like no extra sauce. it was fine. but extra would be nice for leftovers. so next time will be adding more salsa to see if that makes it saucier. it was pretty perfect though. really really spicy. which I love! here is what I did this time.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa (I used target archer farms organic chipotle, next time 1 cup!)
- 7.5 oz can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- taco shell bowls from whole foods
- shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole and lettuce for serving
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours
- Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices.