made these today for the super bowl. the boys (i.e., gordon & chris) loved them! the sauce did come out thin, but since there was so much actually stuck to the chicken, it didn’t matter. the extra sauce is just extra, but could be put over rice or something. the chicken was very moist, tender and came right off the bone. awesome flavor. think next time I’d omit the butter/oil all together, and use more bbq sauce, maybe more garlic too.
chicken wings in honey bbq sauce from recipezaar.com
3 lbs chicken wings (approx. 16-18 wings)
salt and black pepper
2 cups honey
1 cup soy sauce (I used Tamari, 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup your favorite bottled barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays, probably 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup oil (omittied and replaced with 2 tbsp butter, like some of the reviewers)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Cut off and discard wing tips.
2. Cut each wing at joint to make two sections.
3. Rinse wings, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Season wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place wings on broiler pan and broil about 6 inches from heat for 10 minutes on each side OR until brown. (only needed about 5-6 mins per side)
6. Transfer wings to Slow Cooker.
7. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; pour over chicken wings.
8. Cover and place Slow Cooker on High for 2 hour or Low for 4 hours.