Chris made this today. We used hot taco seasoning and pace thick salsa. I did add the sour cream in at the end, it made it thicker and creamier. The chicken basically fell apart and shredded as I stirred in the sour cream. Ate it in our favorite joseph’s low carb flax seed tortillas with some low fat shredded mexican cheese. Really yummy. Would be a good filling for enchiladas or quesidillas. Also would be great over rice. Chris is not a big fan of chicken in the crockpot, thinks it’s a weird consistency but I love it and I always have issues with not eating stuff with weird consistencies.
I found this recipe all over the place. some say cook in crockpot, others in the oven! it’s on allrecipes and similar sites and even sparkpeople cause it’s low in calories. and the what’s cooking board on the nest.
* Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 cup of salsa
* taco seasoning
* Add chicken to the slow cooker (they can be frozen! how awesome!)
* Shake taco seasoning all over chicken breasts
* Mix soup with salsa in a bowl
* Pour soup/salsa mixture on chicken breasts
* Cook for 6-8 hours on low
additional part in some recipes –
Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
Serve with rice.
alternative additional part in some recipes –
top with 1 cup shredded cheese. serve with tortillas.